Monday, January 6, 2014

Beauty talk with...

Today i want to introduce you to a blogserie on thefashionloonatic. I'm currently exploring some new beautyrelated items. I always find it interesting to hear what other people use on a daily base, what kind of rituals they have, what kind of products they love, etc. So i descided to ask bloggers about there beauty behaviour. So here i present to you numero uno from the serie 'beauty talk with...' :)


Morning routine

I start my day with a toner, Tea Tree Water from Lush, followed by Hope in a Jar from Philosophy. My skin type is quite normal but I feel like I can use something extra for my pores, just to make them more matte. That something is The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Pore Minimiser, in fact a serum but I think it also makes a good primer to prep my make-up. The Body Shop’s lip balm in Honey also became an essential. I use this product every morning. Soft lips guaranteed.




I’m a beauty blogger so I use a lot of different make-up products. For me, these are the basics that I wear on an everyday base. I always use foundation and concealer to even out my skin tone, followed by some bronzer and blush for a pop of colour. For me, a healthy glow is very important so I use a cream highlighter on my cheek bones. Holy grail is Hush from MAC. Always use a powder to fix your make up. It’s doesn’t have to be an expensive one, Essence also does the trick! Very well in fact.

That’s it for my skin, over to the eyes! I always use MAC’s paint pots as a base for my eye shadow. I like to work with natural colours such as Urban Decay’s Naked 2 but also some MAC or Sleek shades, just something natural. I prefer to combine matte and shimmery shadows on my eyelids and crease. Then, once again, highlighter! Use it on the inner corners of your eyes and under your brow bones and you will look instantly fresh and awake. I always fill in my brows; this really shapes your whole face so a good brow is very important. Two coats of my favourite mascara (L’Oréal False Lash Wings), a bit of colour on the lips and I’m ready to go!



Products I use during the day

I can’t survive without hand cream and lipgloss. My all-time favourite hand cream is The Body Shop’s Almond Hand and Nail Cream. It makes my hands really soft and hydrated. I love how it isn’t sticky or greasy but that this cream does leave your hands with a sort of silky layer on it. As for my lips I’m currently loving the Dior Lip Maximizer Collagen Activ in the colour Apricot. It’s a very sheer product so it adds just the right amount of gloss. It’s a plumper and I do notice a difference, this gloss really gives my lips a bit more volume and some je-ne-sais-quoi. Oh and I love the minty smell!


Evening routine

I like to take my make-up off with a regular drugstore eye make-up remover and a milky product like the Yves Rocher one, but I must say that I switch these a lot. My toner, however, is definitely a favourite: Eau Précieuse. I finish with Hope in a Jar Night, which I truly love. Every night I treat my cuticles and nails with Lemony Flutter. This rich butter from Lush keeps them in their best shape. I also try to make my hair healthier with a little bit of argan oil after I washed it. I colour my hair a lot and this oil, which I bought in Marrakech, makes my hair stronger and shinier.



Favourite product of the moment

My lifesaver is Mask of Magnaminty. A great natural mask that I use every other week in addition to my other Lush masks. This one is a special one though, not only because you can restore it for 4 months, but also because it actually keeps all the breakouts away. It helped me cure my bad skin-period a few months ago and now I use it to keep my skin clean and breakout-free. #loveit



Beauty tip

Once you discovered the products that work best for your skin, stick to it. I know that it’s tempting to buy that new ‘innovating’ cream. But really, why try another facial cream if you got one that works perfectly for your skin? I discovered this when I started to use Hope in a Jar. I tried A LOT of different lines but this one is just the right one for me and I honestly believe that I’m going to use this until my skin needs something else.

Also don’t forget that good skin care is an investment, you shouldn’t save on that! Rather save on mascara or something. I always used high-end mascaras and I recently discovered that my L’Oréal one is as good as my Chanel one.


- Nathalie, beautyblogger at Pretty Young Things


No comments:

Post a Comment